Saturday, November 29, 2014

BUGNAY WINE: A Mild Wine With Strong Impact.

By Joel Ortega 




Wine is known for being healthy for our hearts. According to studies, wine contains a procyanidins that protects us against heart disease. And wine promotes longer lifespan, and also it protects us against certain cancers, and also improves our mental health. A glass of wine a day keeps a doctor away.



Wine is my favorite alcoholic drink. Well, I don’t really drink alcoholic beverages not because I don’t like them but because I’m allergic and I’m not really a fan of strong drinks. But when it comes to wine it doesn’t matter if I’m allergic. Because wine is really addictive but even though of course I also have to be aware of my condition and take care of myself, so I drink wine at least 1 or 2 times a week or 4 times a month or sometimes I only drink occasionally. 



Red wine is my favorite, unlike the white wine; the red wine has a bittersweet taste while white wine taste more sweet. And also I know it’s weird but whenever I drink red wine I feel strong and seductive maybe because of the spirit of the wine or because of the color of the red wine because for me the color red makes people look fierce and intimidating. So for years I’m only drinking 1 type of wine and alcoholic beverage. But these all change when my relative from Ilocos visit us. It’s Christmas and its kind of my relatives routine that whenever they come to our house they will bring foods or alcohols. Then last 2012, Christmas, my cousin brings a wine that I never taste before. It’s a Bugnay wine. 




Whenever we visit Ilocos and stop at some restaurants to eat, I always notice at their alcoholic drinks that there is Bugnay wine, but then I just ignore it because I don’t drink when I’m not at home. I heard so many good things about it; they said that taste is really good and unlike the other wines, the bugnay wine is made from a bugnay fruit or a wild cherry and not a grape. Bugnay is a fruit that is native here in the Philippines and also in Australia. It is dark plum-colored and is very sweet when ripe. This is a very small fruit that can be as tiny as a gun pellet.



After years of my curiosity about Bugnay wine, finally, I can already taste it. On the moment I opened and smell the aroma of Bugnay wine I already knew that the Bugnay wine will taste good. Then I pour it on my wine glass and then I smell first to feel the aroma then I take a zip, and that’s when it hits me, Bugnay wine is my new favorite wine. Bugnay wine has this original and pleasant taste and aroma which is likened to a grape wine. And the Bugnay wine is purple like color. I’m really speechless when I first taste it, I’m really stunned. Then I take another zip, another zip and then gulp until I finished the whole bottle. I just can’t get enough of the Bugnay wine, every zip is heaven, and I’m crazy craving for it. Since then whenever my relatives from Ilocos visit us, they now always bring Bugnay wine.




Bugnay wine is really addictive and truly luscious. I highly recommend it for anyone who loves drinking alcoholic drinks or wine and I also highly recommend it to anyone who are mild drinkers because Bugnay wine is not a strong alcoholic drink that even when you already finished 5 glasses you will still not feel dizzy and drunk. Bugnay wine is a wine that anyone must taste it. Go and try Bugnay wine, you won’t be disappointed. Get lost to the luscious taste and aroma of Bugnay wine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment